IABM Data Protection and Access to Information Policy
IABM will comply with all statutory requirements of the Date Protection Act by registering all personal data held on its computers and/or related electronic equipment and by taking all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of such information.
The Data Protection Act protects individuals’ rights concerning information about them held on computer. Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight principles of good practice. Data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection
Employees can request access to the information held on them by the Company. All requests by employees to gain access to their personnel records should be made in writing to the Finance Director.